Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Empties

Half a year is gone-yikes:/ Keeping my empties until the end of the month may sound crazy but it honestly does make me feel good in that, yes, I buy a lot of "stuff" but have no problem using it up! This month I had a good amount.



  • PerfectPurity Acne Body Wash: I like to have several body washes, and since Id been having some bacne (ew-sorry for the visual), thought I'd give this a try. For .99cents this was a decent product. Repurchase: yes
  • White Rain Tropical Coconut Body wash: Again, this was a .99cent purchase that smelled yummy. Not sure if it's obvious but i really like The Dollar Tree and The .99 Cent Store. Repurchase: yes!
  • Trader Joe's Lavender Body Oil: This stuff is amazing. I found this last summer while grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and have repurchased several times. Its an oil that smells divine , leaves my skin so soft. As to not slip and break anything, I apply this at night and wake up to silky, smooth skin. Repurchase: Already have!
  • Bio Oil: I love soft skin, this is clearly evident if one steps into my bathroom. I have lotions and body creams galore. I'd purchased this for my skin when it was going thru a dry phase and also applied it to some scarring I had on my thigh. Noticed a bit of difference but not much. I adore the smell of this too. Repurchase: Maybe during the winter. 
  • Clearasil Acne+Marks Wash and Mask: I've had this for what seems like forever. There might still be a smudge in there, but I refuse to keep it around as it did nothing. As for the mask part? It was so runny I was afraid to get in my eyes and only tried it once. Repurchase: No.
  • Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair: This is my second time purchasing this product. I gave a mini review of this before. I think for the price it does a good enough job. Repurchase: yes
  • Philosophy Hope Oil Free Spf15 Moisturizer: I received this in my Sephora Sun care Kit. Hope in a Jar used to be my HG moisturizer for many years. It's a wonderful product but a bit too pricey. With the sun care kit I got several different face moisturizers and am set for a while. Repurchase: Not for a while. 
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder: This stuff is amazing. I love it. More than my MSFN (maybe;). Since purchasing this in March, I only used my MSFN when needed (i.e. I didn't have this on hand). Seriously this stuff is great-doesn't feel caked on, great lasting power on my oily t-zone. I have one powder (Jemma Kidd) to finish off before I will buy this again. Repurchase: YES!
  • Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Liquid Foundation (sample): I'd read countless reviews on this and was so anxious to try it. I think it's a great product, but even B50 was too light for me (that's the darkest it's available in the states I've heard). I'm so in Love with my NARS Sheer Glow it'd take a lot to get me to switch. Repurchase: No
  • Lush R&B Revive and Balance Hair Moisturizer: I love this! Was one of my first Lush purchases and am so happy I bought it without hesitation. I don't live near a Lush anymore but will definitely be buying when I visit a store (or online). This smells really, really good. I got compliments (even from hairdressers!) and it made my hair bearable thru my "ombre" stage. The bleach had completely fried my hair-this made it look and feel like silk. Repurchase: yes!!
  • L'anza Leave-In Conditioner: I bought this at the recommendation of the SA at Planet Beauty. She wasn't a hair stylist, and her rec was obvious. It was just Meh. I don't expect meh from a Specialty beauty/hair salon shop. Repurchase: no
  • Schwarzkopf Color Save Hair Conditioner: Was given this by a friend who is a hair dresser on multiple occasions. I think he was trying to tell me something. He was right, I needed it and it rocked. It's quite expensive but the bottle lasted me forever! This brand is well known for their hair care and color. I color my hair often and this is a staple of mine that i can count on for saving my hair color. Repurchase: yes. 
  • Hard Candy Glow All the way Tropical Tan Instant Bronzer: I bought this a while ago and was doing a clean out and was about to toss it out and gave it another go, and actually quite like it. It says that it has self tanner in it, but I only add a bit of this to whatever body lotion I'm applying (for special nights out) and it gives a beautiful glow! Hard Candy is becoming a favorite of mine again. Their prices are great and Im happy with all the products I've bought so far. There is a darker version of this but I like just a bit of a glow, nothing too over the top. Repurchase: Already have.
  • Elf Daily Brush Cleaner: This is a rather small bottle, but when I used it I only did it for a quick cleaning, so this lasted me well over 6 months. It's now available at Target (was previously only online-at least in my local Target). I prefer the Shampoo, so may not repurchase this right away. Repurchase: Maybe at a later date.

Whew! that took a while. But again it's nice to have a written reminder of the good, the bad and the, meh. 










6 comments:

  1. Oh I love empties posts! I'm glad to hear you're liking the LUSH R&B! I was thinking of purchasing something from them in my travels and I think I'll go with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love empties posts too! I absolutely love R&B, even towards the end I loved to put it On My ends and smell it! I think you'll love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lolololove empties!! Gah, it sucks that I can't buy that stuff here, I'm looking for a dry shampoo, do you have any recommendations? :)

    Love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Dry shampoo? As in a spray? If so I love batiste. For shampoo for dry hair, I think Pantene is great. I'm currently using Suave Keratin infusion is great (not sure if that's avail there). The best thing for dry hair is conditioner and leave in conditioner/serum.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I just got the Maybelline Dream Matte powder recently but haven't had the chance to test it out yet--but now I'm really excited to try it! Not sure I got the right shade though. I am AWFUL at color-matching...which is part of the reason why I've always bought my base products from department stores--so someone could match me! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have high hopes for it but it really impressed me (more that my Chanel loose powder!!). The coloring is kinda funny in that it looks way too light (I'm NC42 and purchased the darkest avail- Honey- but it doesn't look ashy!) but I apply it with (lightly) the puff that comes with the compact.

      Delete